My Shop

My Shop
My Shop

Sewing Patterns

Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns

Crochet Patterns

Crochet Patterns
Crochet Patterns

Blue eyes

Nazar Boncugu. That’s the name of the blue eye. The blue eye you see everywhere in Turkey. Not only in the touristy jewellery shops, but also in restaurants, B&Bs, shops and tea houses, on gift wrapping and even on government buildings and expensive fancy hotels in Istanbul. 

The blue eye protects the Turks from the evil eye (the eye of Horus) and they even believe that Nazar Boncugu will send the negative energy back to the one that wishes you harm. The blue eye protects you from the bad. 

Since I wish all people who read my blog good things, happiness and luck in their lives, I’d thought I’d post some really pretty blue eyes. 


3 opmerkingen

  1. I didnt know that and those blue eyes are so beautiful! Hugs and kisses, my dear

    Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful jewelry GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for Mother’s Day!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! Don't be shy, just leave a comment. I love reading them!