My Shop

My Shop
My Shop

Sewing Patterns

Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns

Crochet Patterns

Crochet Patterns
Crochet Patterns

More granny squares for Japan

A month or something ago I discovered the Kyōyū kyōyū - share project that Kate set up to help the victims of the tsunami and earth quakes in Japan. She collects granny squares from allover the world, makes them into baby blankets and sends them off to Japan where the blankets are oh so welcomed by families who've lost everything.

I love this initiative, so what else was there to do than just crochet more granny squares for this wonderful project!


Then I took a look at the
Kyōyū kyōyū - share Blog and saw that some of the blankets have already reached Japan. And this is how they are recieved:


This seriously brought tears to my eyes. How can you not just grab your crochet hook and make more squares! So if you have a few balls of acrylic yarn laying around that you are not using, start hooking some squares for Japan!


~Have a great weekend everyone!~

12 opmerkingen

  1. Wonderful work for a wonderful cause. God bless and have a great weekend. Tammy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een prachtig idee, daar wordt je toch warm van!

    Fijn weekend, Jolanda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is an amazingly inspiring post. Thanks so much for sharing this! So happy blogger is back up and running smoothly again as well. Wishing you a happy weekend. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. So many bad things going on in the world - nice to see some good stuff!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Garen van de Wibra en van Lammy Yarns (besteld)...het rare is dat je uit mijn lijst 'volgers' bent verdwenen ...

    Marjo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Esther, thank you again for your generosity and time, I reacted the same as you, when I read that post and found I had tears in my eyes too xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wonderfull, wonderfull, wonderfull.

    XXX
    Mimi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hello Esther!
    Thank you for your visit today!
    Can you please give me the address of the Nako Yarn store in Istanbul because I am going there for a small vacation in June and I would love to visit it??? Thank you!!!
    P.S: Your grannies are lovely!
    Angie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Esther -- Thank you so much for popping over to Chalky's World and leaving such a lovely comment-- It is such a wonderful thing that this goodness is spreading out like a beautiful ripple of goodness. I am so glad you are pleased I used your picture -- Your squares are beautiful. Kindest Regards Linda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. OOOOOOOOH THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Esther!! I was so happy when I read your comment that I showed your post to my husband and he promised to find this wonderful place :):)
    Sorry but I don't know about stores who sells Nako in the UK :(
    Thank you again !
    Angie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wow, ziet er gaaf uit!!
    Wil even zeggen dat het me is gelukt je bloemvoorbeeld te haken!! Errug leuk! (check m'n blogje) Duidelijk voorbeeld, dus ik zou zeggen... op naar de volgende ;-)

    Groetjes, Heidi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wat een mooi initiatief Esther en wat fantastisch om te zien hoe het werd ontvangen.

    Fijne zondag,
    Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! Don't be shy, just leave a comment. I love reading them!