My Shop

My Shop
My Shop

Sewing Patterns

Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns

Crochet Patterns

Crochet Patterns
Crochet Patterns

First stop: Split

Hey everyone! I am back from holiday and it was LOVELY :-) And what’s with all this rain in Holland? Oh my, did we have 5 minutes of summer and did it turn to autumn after that? Makes me want to go back to Croatia with the next plane.

So let me take you to some sunshine and tell you all about my great adventures (if you count eating, sleeping, beaching, wandering and pottering about as being adventurous)...

~First stop: SPLIT!~

You’d never guess this is Croatias 2nd largest city as the old town is so compact. The most interesting thing to see is the Diocletianus Palace, which is not an actual palace as ‘a castle where princes and damsels in distress used to live’ but the Palace ís the old town, most of it is within its walls.

Within these walls you find Roman ruins, beautiful Renaissance churches, cafés on steps and restaurants serving delicious food.


Isn't it great, just to sit amongst 2000 year old ruins and have a drink in the sun? Just looking at life going by and people watching (my favorite past time)...
And since it was 35C and so hot and sunny, there was nothing we could do but stroll to one of the wonderful city beaches and dive in that deep blue Adriatic.

And at night it wasn't exactly boring either. Going withing the Palace and wander around the small streets or go to the busy and big boulevard 'Riva' where tourists and locals happily play together, sip cocktails and eat ice cream.

~Not a bad start of the holiday right? I'll report back soon~

7 opmerkingen

  1. Dat klinkt fijn en ziet er heerlijk uit! Welkom thuis! Suus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Jeetje je bent alweer terug! Wat vliegt de tijd zeg! Aan de foto's en je enthousiaste verhalen te zien heb je een heerlijke vakantie gehad!

    Groetjes
    San

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. wow that looks amazing! Nothing like that in my part of the world - I enjoyed seeing your pics!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Welcome back dat ziet er inderdaad prachtig uit!!!!
    liefs,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh wow! Looks like an amazing place! I would love to visit there.
    Welcome back. I'm your newest follower. Come on over and follow me too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ziet er goed uit!! Nog een weekje en dan gaan wij ook op pad...

    Groetjes, Charlotte

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you:)
    Hope you're having a good time!
    We've been last summer to Dubrovnik and it was wonderful!
    Kisses!
    Angie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! Don't be shy, just leave a comment. I love reading them!